Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Dubey, Khemu, Shukla,Deepak,Basant,Param,YRS and Me !!!

I woke up early that day,to be more precise, i left my bed early,as i couldn't sleep last night, his every word was still haunting me.
"What's wrong with me Dr., please, tell me",i was stunned at his dumb silence."OK OK, if you insist,some portion of your brain is dead and rest is going to be damaged soon, after 2 weeks, you will start loosing your memory, you won't be able to recognize people,though your intellect will be same and and",he stumbled with words.
"after a month what Dr", i was shocked."look amit, i fear God but you don't have much time left", He was much soft this time."Can't you do anything", i almost pleaded with tears in my eyes, i guess my damaged cells were also crying.But Dr and I both were aware of the answer.That was "No".Life was the battle which i had lost.On the way to my house, i heard, India won another one day against South Africa, some other day,it could make my day but not that day.
My bathroom was also loosing its brain cells, as Khemu had woked up and started his live performance,He doesn't sing bad but worst,he usually wakes up early and accompanies it with a song in a hoarse,quavering, decidedly unmusical voice.He wakes us up every morning but you have not thought of complaining.No one has.
"Shut up you fat ass", i shouted, as it was hurting my brain cells.i am sure, Khemu was the reason behind my damaged brain."Hell you go idiot", bathroom roared without a slightest twinge of guilt.i switched on my TV and thanks to the technology i selected Kal Ho Naa Ho title track from the menu and exactly after 2 min it was on the screen,SRK moving around, singing beautiful song, somewhere in London i guess."How fake,i am in the same situation infact worse,i don't have Saif ali khan and Preety zinta to deal with".Suddenly Basant came out of his room with mobile in his hand,which i suspect,has been attached to him when he was reposing in his mother's womb. He was talking to his friend, whom he was talking last evening, last night, late night, today early morning and will be talking this night as well,i thought.
i saw myself in the mirror,"you have only 30 odd days,that's it, you are done Mr Amit", i said to myself."Move aside, i have to comb",fatty was still furious on me."I better be, i have only 30 days, and i don't want to get rolled under", i replied.He gave me a nasty look.
I still, hadn't said anybody about my illness,as i hate sympathetic faces.But i knew,"i have to tell them as there are some money equations, that need to be solved, before i face my early demise.", i said to myself on the way to the office.
My manager had decided a long time activity for me, which we had discussed last day, and i was happy at the work profile but things were different now.i couldn't do anything long term now,neither work nor affair.
Before lunch usually you can see me roaming around aricent with dubey ,Param and sometime with khemu. but today i was calm, less excited about the girls in the company,less excited about my chances of getting a promotion, and much less excited about the work. I powered on my ipod and selected few ghazals, i just wanted to let this time go.But before that, dubey called me for lunch and as it goes daily, i called up shukla and he called up deepak and yadav ram sharma.
Around 1 pm we went for the lunch,People were strolling around happily,except one, Yadav Ram Sharma, he was talking to Deepak and Shukla, perhaps about how his new land lord had cheated on him, infact how this entire world had cheated on him,about the new mobile launched, and how mobile company cheated on him by not launching it before and offered him a "less featured phone with less mega pixel camera" in the same rate,or new investment schemes and how these schemes would give them money during their last days.Last Day,caught my ears."Do i really need money during my these last days, No asshole, i need life".I thought.
Dubey was lost in the TV, where some whites were giving their advice how their belt would help him to get slim."get a life man, these belts are shit, do some exercise, and get yourself in shape, else you no longer need damaged brain to die, your overfeed Paunch will do the needful, asshole", i said to dubey.He gave me a cold look.this is the story of my life, most of the things i say or do , go unnoticed.Khemu was eating like it was the last time, Param was not there ,probably he had left for his house again.
Suddenly, i saw her, the lady in the pink, my only crush in the aricent,i never had the courage to go up to her and say ," Will you let me share ur smile, will you allow me to offer my shoulder when you cry,will you be my love for this entire life even after this life too,So many people love, but i bet, i love you even if you get fat,...".
I had no idea what would happen if i met her in the corridor or on the stairs.Probably nothing, i had met her in the corridor or on the stairs a number of times earlier.Nothing had happened except her slow and steady wrestling of my gaze to the floor, an act that took a second or two but felt like a lifetime and left me gasping for breath.
She went pass to me, i could sense her smell which grew denser along with its healing touch."lets move, i have to take a cigarette", Dubey said,"ok, but try to avoid it man,it ", i paused and then added ,"kills".
After few days i went to my home town, and told everyone about my damaged brain, everybody was so sad, that made my life hell.I also tried to do shah rukh khan for a girl next door,but to my luck,i failed miserably.Probably that works only on Preety Zinta, i guess.i returned back, on 28th day.
My brother had already said everything about me to my friends.They knew that i would be no more after 2 days max, probably that's why, Khemu didn't try any song that day.I opened my eyes, everybody was around, but i could not recognize any faces.Suddenly a person with tight ass, said, hey buddy, remember, me shravan, it's dubey, khemu , deepak, param,yadav ram.
"OK,you are Shravan,you are still alive, why didn't you kill Dashrath,that bastard killed your blind parents",i tried to make this moment light.He smiled with tears in his eyes."To hell you go", he replied almost with a choked throat infact everyone around, was crying probably at the bad joke."what's my name by the way", i asked, as i had forgotten even my name." You are Shahrukh khan", Dubey replied with a dull smile."okkk,hey khemu,can you please sing me a song before i die",i said with a harsh smile."Will you please shut up ,i don't want to kill others, by singing",Khemu answered and paused.
"Hmmm, Hey YRS,how's your landlord buddy, and did you find some other handset", i joked."cmon, you asshole, get ur medicine,",YRS whispered.
Suddenly, i saw two angels,they were there to take me to the heaven,"Are Muslims also taken up by angels, i read somewhere they get buried with genuine grief and genuine relief."i murmured, but my voice was very low, i saw everyone, rushing towards me, dubey held my hand,"what's the matter buddy, you will be alright," he cried.but my eyes were closed, they were crying, "He was too good, i never said it to him, what a good singer he was, what a good player he was, what a genuine person he was, i will never get the chance to say him now....",dubey said remorsefully.Everyone was sad, some more some less, khemu was the most, may be because i forgot to give him my share of the rent of that month or may be his only chance to be a good singer was dead with me.
and on the bed, my only undamaged cell,occupied by the lady in the pink was still alive, slightly blurred, but she was there right in front of me, giving me her cute smile.Angels started their work, taking my soul away from my family, from my friends and from the lady in the pink, far away .....

8 comments:

shravan kumar said...

badhiya hai ..
maza aa gaya ...


suggestion:
last para hata do be ...phir popular public demand pe wapas se add kar dena.

PeeKay said...

didn't read :(

Deepak Kumar said...

Hmmm kya thaa yee :( ... 15 mins ke liye to chut hi gaya ......

Khemu , iss kameene se rent pehle hi le lena ...
kya pata kal ho naa ho...

THE Nishant said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
THE Nishant said...

are y did u go to doctor for this...u cud have asked ne of us...

khair, nice attempt in which u have succeded to an extent...

keep on the gud work and in case u need help..u know kiske paas aana hai...just dial 4359 and dont get confused in the 2nd digit

HKR said...

Mittal shaab,
Jee lo apni zindagi, aapke pass samay bahut kaam hai. hum samaj sakte hai :-) .
Jitna bolna aur likna hai abhie kar lo ..pata nahi "kal ho na ho" :)....aage mauka mila na mile .

Phir milenge .dost.:-)

Neeti Sharma said...

i just want to knw who the pink lady is rest all be damned ;-DD

shravan kumar said...

pink "lady" nahin uski dress hai ... samjhao ise yaar :)