Thursday, March 1, 2007

I love you mom ................

It was my first trip alone, as most of my relatives can be encircled in a 30km area, so this journey of 500 km by no means was fun.looking outside my train, i could hardly see anything, i was sleepless, someone at the upper berth was snoring as if he was having a competition with the train itself and make no mistake, he was the winner that night hands down.Somewhere distant in the train a baby was crying , ahha !!! you can't say the gender untill he/she is 5 year old, i mean above 5, only girls cry)."Now, now...no more tears. Off to dreamland you go! Don't worry...Mother will be right here when you wake up in the morning.Oh, now you've started crying all over again! Honestly darling, Mother just doesn't know what to do with you sometimes", her/his mom was trying to make him/her sleep but...
So i moved out of my compartment, it was around 2 am in the night and we were in the no man's land, outside you could only hear the train and inside only upper birth...i was missing my home, all the days of closeness, all the fun , my family memebers, neighbours.all the lunches and dinners, i never skipped because of my mom, tasted quite sweet that night."aha there must be something in my bag", i thought and opened my bag, yup , "you never miss it mom", i took the first bite, "dont know if they will use the same ghi in the parathas",i said to myself and finished my food.upper berth was silent now, "is he dead , i read somewhere excessive snoring can lead us to death", i said to TT, who was just checking the list, probably to make some cash."No, he has waked up, he is 85, named shyam kishore, atleast give him some respect",TT replied ."Oops, god save me, one who can snor like a pig should be a man of substance, and can easily chew me", i murmured."Ticket please", TT demanded,"here is it", i opened my bag again and handed it over to him."Hmm Going to lucknow, student ??", he asked."Ya, first time away from the home",would miss my home for a while now",i added."What are you going to miss, you will be back in few days, may be in few monthes", he sympathized."ya, but food, movie, TV shows, there won't be much fun in the hostel", i argued."Ok you will miss only these things, aha this generation is so greedy",person sitting on the upper berth said."Ok, this man has a voice too, i thought he had been only snoring since his childhood.", i whispered, i almost fantasized him, giving answers in the class in snoring voice and everytime he was beaten up by his classmates or teachers he snored.:o)
"what it has to do anything with greed", i protested."See TT saheb, this is the way to behave with ur elders" he gave me a you young people look."have you ever realized ,what does your mother feel when you get sick, ever think about your father's hard work to feed you up, your brothers your sisters,and what you gonna miss is the food, TV and all that shit." he said."you young generation are so careless". He added."Ok so i am greedy careless but young :) it's not a bad deal" i thought and suspect he was never young and was just born straight eighty years old.
"Will you please let us sleep, just now, when someone who was buzzing like a pig stopped, you guys started " someone shouted from the neighbouring compartment.Man, i had to almost kill myself to stop my laugh."Now we old people can't breathe properly", Upper berth grumbled and got down for a silent sleep, i thought.TT also left after checking and finding nothing productive there.
i switched off the light and got back to my berth.Those words were tinging in my ear.
"Am i really so materialistic, so plastic so unemotional.only food, fun is what i have in my house. No man, i love my mom, my father my bro my sis..everyone.I am not so wooden. I know, my parents don't sleep when i get some pain.", i said to myself.
Far from my compartment, that child was silent, sleeping tight in her mother's lap, who was awake saying."Sleep baby, no more tears, you are my good son".I touched my cheeks, No Man !!!, they were wet, i was crying."it's not only girls who cry, couple of minutes ago , it was that small son and now me."I said. Men cry , they do cry, it's just that, they either hold back their tears or wipe them early and that's exactly what i did that night.
"I love you mom", i said and tried to get some shut eyes, as upper berth had started it's race with the train.

5 comments:

Reena Agrawal said...

Guess, this is something original...I havent come across the source yet..:)
But i liked it...especially the part when the comment from the next berth comes...:)
Only question is why do all ur stories have a train???

shravan kumar said...

That was really not touching !!
got a feel of virus(u know wt i mean)type mentality (ya to phir ladkiyon wali mentality)

& no guesses .. i m more than sure ki ye kahin na kahin se "inspired" hoga ;)

PeeKay said...

Its another feather in the Cap
of so called "Churwa" and "Jhootha"

Nitin Nigam said...

Hey!! that was senti stuff. Liked this one. But the mystry of your love with train journey continues.
However I really agree with the extract of the article. How easily do we ignore mummy's love and papa's care.
Sahi hai.. likhte raho..

Pilot-Pooja said...

Hey Amit, you have another feather in the cap..
I was wondering initially how is this article related to "Mom"..

And yah ur posts often talk about train!

The way you get your thoughts visualised in reader's mind is really great.