Monday, February 19, 2007

Ghost , Beautiful Lady and India Today

Aha !!! it was some trip. i was going to my hometown from Lucknow and it's not often when you find a beautiful lady in ur compartment i mean, you see it in movies, it may happen to your friends or to friend's friends but to you it will be an untouched territory .when i was younger, i used to look at reservation charts glued outside my bogie to checkout all the females, but most of the time i shared my comparment with snoring uncles, talktive aunties and their stupid overfeed infants. It's like ghost stroies, almost all ghosts(i know abt three) have been seen by my friend's uncle or mama or someone distant but by him naaaa. May be ghosts are much scared to meet him :).
Anyway she was in her ealry 20's and in her pink suit,no wonder she was eye candy(infact i find most of the girls eye candy why?) .Her innocent looks and beautifull smile made me crazy. She was right in front of me with crossed legs and india today in her lap, for once i thought i should start talking but why would she talk to me but the most difficlut part was not why but what, if i say "hello this is amit" what would she say. So i kept quiet for a while but ...
So i started in a routine manner, "Hey r u going to saharanpur" , "No", she said and paused , keeping her india today aside, i wonder she was more interested in reading me than india that day. "So you belong to saharanpur", she asked softly, Man i can tell you when a girl ask you such questions with so much softness it's almost killing but it's lethal if she is beautiful too.I thought if i say yes, she probably will pickup her india today again, i mean a girl reading english magazine would not be much interested in a small town boy. "No i belong to lucknow and going to attend my friend's wedding in saharanpur" i replied with all the proud of my belonging to lucknow on my face."Ok that's cool, i belong to kandhla" she said (btw kandhla is a small village and it's vey close to saharanpur).Damn!!! i thought for once, i should have said saharanpur, i mean that way i could keep her in touch.Anyway atleast i started a conversation and if everything goes well and we fall in love someday i will tell her the truth and may be she will forgive me, i mean why shd it matter if i belong to lucknow or some slum in mumbai. "So what do you do there in lucknow", she almost swept out my sweet dreams in which i was walking with her hand in hand on a beach and was about to kiss her. "I am a student",i said without giving it a single thought and looking at her beautifull lips. "infact i am doing enggineering from IET Lucknow and in 4th semester" i added to let my efforts see some success here atleast otherwise i was an average student keeping the strength of our section and their scores in mind. " Do you live with your parents there in lucknow or in hostel" she queried.Man it was a chance to impress her, to show her my emotions for my parents and to make her realise that with me she will get some share of that unconditional and pure love." I live with my parents, you know it's tough to resist the temptation of hostel life and its freedom but i think i love my parents more than anything in this world so hostel or no hostel i am happy with my parents", i answered,keeping a smile on my face and water bottle in my hand."Ya i guess but really if you see around most of this new generation find it quit difficult with their parents" she added. "agreed but there are still few good men around " i snatched the entire credit for all the goodness present in this world." Oho My station is around so i will have to move btw it's rashmi and we can be in touch if you wish", Man, beautiful girls have this tendency they know everything but want to hear it."Sure plz write me at " i said as if i was anchoring my show and it was time to say good bye.
"Hey, amit r u going to hometown to meet your ill mom, she was serious last month, i hope you will be in the Saharanpur for sometime now",he said and jumped into my compartment as if some psycho killer was after him and i was the only saviour.He was from saharanpur and i am sure for no good reason i had met him before and he made the most of it. Suddenly i saw her face turning pink and than red, she picked up her india today and bag , without saying a word she went out and i was stunned.She was lost in the crowd and that ghost disappeared all of a sudden.Perhaps psycho killer bumped him off or he found a better edge to bump into, i thought.
"So r u going to saharanpur" a new entry in that compartment asked."Yes i live there,my mom is ill and i am going to see her after 2 months", i replied. I was wondering why in this train everyone wanted to know where did i belong and why i was going there,."Is FBI or CIA keeping an eye on me, but why they would waste so much resources on me, i mean i am an average student so i am not a threat to their job situation which is worsening because of indian high skilled enggineers, there are many other higher mortals in my class and dozens in my batch, may be ISI naaa, ISI will find more suitable targets than me to rock this nation", i questioned and answered myself.Suddenly i saw a book shop on the platform , having piles of india todays.i bought one , the cover story was titled as "Have you ever seen a ghost"." Yes and i also shared my comparment with a beautiful lady too", i murmered keeping india today on my crossed legs."Will she write me", i asked more to myself,.......

10 comments:

Nitin Nigam said...

Koool post aashiq. Your writing style is very much influenced by Chetna Bhagat. Ha Ha Ha.. i am not praising you. Just an observation. Mai bhi sise hi casual style me likhta hoon. Generating an article out of no situation. And trying to portray your screwed up situation.

shravan kumar said...

yahi story meine kal ek magazine mein padhi thi ... good typing work mittal ji
:)
hehehe kidding ... par ye sach hai tum achha nahin likhte, tum bahut achha likhte ho :)

Unknown said...

dekho mittal main manta hoon ki tum thik thaak likh lete ho par ye sab tumhare saath hi kyon hota hai?
kya tum mujhe samjhaoge?

Neeti Sharma said...

guess wat tera dimag kuch zyada chalta hai u need sme rest!!tabhi kuch achha likh paayega ;-)) waise nice story but end was not very interesting u can improve!!

Amit Mittal said...

mixed reaction from all around the world...:)
lets see if i can improve upon it....

PeeKay said...

One thing I want to know
How to get the courage to read this much long article or whatever

Shit man...!! How can I comment without reading it :(

waise font achcha use kiya hai....which template did you used, just sent me css across

Reena Agrawal said...

All around the world...Ha ha ha...
Too inspired by the starting of ON@TC aka Chetan Bhagat...Sahi hai...Lage raho...:)

Pilot-Pooja said...

hey Amit!

u write marvellous!

Everyone in my cubicle was asking me! What happened to you, whay are u laughing so much..

too good shot!

Amit Mittal said...

Thanx Pooja, but you were laughing at my plight,O God, bless my soul..
just kidding...:)
n i will try to get it better next time...that's a promise to you all...

LOW SHOULDER said...

Story to thik hi likhi par jo mujhe chahiye tha. Wo baat nazar nahi aai. lOW SHOULDER